Learn how to get started if you've bought a Trezor hardware wallet and are ready to get your crypto off Coinbase so that you can HODL safely.
Follow this step-by-step guide to moving your crypto from Coinbase to your Trezor
- Connect your Trezor and open Trezor Suite.
- Input your PIN to unlock your Trezor
- In the left column, select the account where you want to receive the crypto, and then select Receive
Make sure you do not send or receive transactions to addresses generated for a different cryptocurrency, e.g. Bitcoin Cash (BCH) to a Bitcoin (BTC) address.
- Confirm on your Trezor that the address shown in Trezor Suite matches the one shown on your Trezor device.
- After confirming you will be able to copy the address or use the QR code (for instance if you are using the Coinbase mobile application).
- Log in to Coinbase
- In the top menu bar select Send & Receive
- Select Pay with and choose the cryptocurrency that you want to send to your Trezor. You can find a list of supported coins here.
- Paste the address you copied from Trezor Suite in the 'To' field
- Write an optional note
- Click Continue