Try another cable and USB port
Changing the cable resolves the connectivity issues most of the time.
Make sure you are using an original Trezor cable, or a good quality cable designed for data transfer.
Unfortunately, not all USB cables are rated for data transfer. If your Trezor display lights up, it does not necessarily mean that the cable is suitable.
Install the necessary software
Make sure that you have the latest version of Trezor Bridge installed.
Try uninstalling your standalone Trezor Bridge and the Trezor Suite application.
- Remove the following folder:
- Windows: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\@trezor\suite-desktop/Cache
- Mac: /Users/<user>/Library/Application Support/@trezor/suite-desktop/Cache
- Install the Trezor Suite application again.
Try to reset Trezor Suite via Settings -> Application -> App storage -> Reset app
Update your Windows drivers
When using Windows, install the Zadig software. This is a Windows application that installs generic USB drivers, such as WinUSB, libusb-win32/libusb0.sys or libusbK, to help you access USB devices. After installation, please restart both your browser and computer.
To install the Zadig software for Windows follow the steps below.
- Download the Zadig software from this source
- Run the Zadig USB Drivers application
- Connect the Trezor in bootloader mode
- Open the Zadig application and select "Option" from the top menu and "List all devices"
- Select the device listed as "Unknown Device #1" or something similar
- To the right of the green arrow, select the driver called "libusb0 (v188.8.131.52)" from the options
- Click the option that says "Install Driver" or "Replace Driver"
- Wait until it is done and the close the Zadig application
- Restart your computer
- Unplug the Trezor device and then open Trezor Suite
- Plug the Trezor in and the device should be recognized
Turn off VPN, firewall or antivirus
- If you are using a VPN, certain advanced Firewall or Antivirus settings, or browser extensions (AdBlock, Privacy Badger, etc.), try disabling them
- Whitelist the Trezor Suite application.
Test your current computer
Connect your Trezor device to another computer, preferably with a different supported operating system.
Check our video guide which covers this topic:
If you require further assistance, please contact us via our chatbot Hal
who will help resolve your issue.