Trezor Bridge is an application that facilitates communication between the Trezor device and supported browsers.
Trezor Bridge is a program designed to run in the background and requires no direct interaction. When properly installed, you will be able to find the trezord process running in the background:
Windows: in Task Manager search for trezord
MacOS: in Activity Monitor search for trezord
Linux: in System Monitor search for trezord-go
After you install Trezor Bridge with Firefox for the first time, restart your browser. Without restarting, the browser might not be able to recognize your Trezor device.
Updating Trezor Bridge
You can upgrade to the latest version of Trezor Bridge directly here, and simply clicking on Download latest Bridge:
Alternatively, check the Github repository.
When using the desktop version of Trezor Suite
it will connect to Trezor Bridge automatically. If that fails, Trezor Suite will run it's own copy of Trezor Bridge.
Viewing Trezor Bridge status
To see the Trezor Bridge status, visit the Trezor Bridge status page.
Removing a standalone installation of Trezor Bridge
In case you need to uninstall Trezor Bridge, follow the instructions for your operating system as detailed below:
- In Finder go to Applications > Utilities > TREZOR Bridge
- Double-click uninstall.pkg
- Follow the on-screen instructions given by the ‘TREZOR Bridge Installer’ package
- In File Explorer go to Program Files > TREZOR Bridge
- Double-click uninstall.exe
- Trezor Bridge will be uninstalled automatically
- Trezor Bridge can be removed via:
$ sudo apt remove trezor-bridge
- To check if Trezor Bridge has been uninstalled, run the following command, which should return no results:
$ sudo apt list --installed | grep trezor-bridge