In some cases, you might need to display the account public key (XPUB) for your Trezor account.
- The XPUB can be used to generate watch-only wallets in third-party services.
- A watch-only wallet allows you to observe transactions to and from a wallet, as well as the total balance, without being able to sign or send transactions.
Be careful handling your account public keys. When you expose these to a third party, you allow them to see your entire transaction history.
To see the XPUB of your account in Trezor Suite, plug in your Trezor and open the Trezor Suite desktop app, or go to suite.trezor.io to access the Trezor Suite web app.
- Go to the Accounts page and select the desired account from the sidebar
- Then select the the Details tab, and click on Show public key:
Trezor Suite will now display your XPUB both as a QR code and as text:
- The XPUB can be copied or scanned into any application that supports XPUBs.
- You can then keep track of your transactions and balances and receive payments without having your Trezor with you.